Tracing building footprints in Campbell from satellite imagery
Created by oini - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- Building footprints
- Changeset Comment
- #osmtm-project-99 Tracing building footprints in Campbell from satellite imagery When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Trace the building footprints as accurately as possible using Bing satellite imagery using JOSM.
- Read the guide: mapping buildings in JOSM
- The polygon must match the base of the building as close as possible as inferred from the reference Bing imagery
- Use the building tool (b) to quickly trace buildings parallel to each other
- Double click with extrude (x) to create extrusions
If you are unfamiliar with OSM and JOSM, read the mapping guide: https://www.mapbox.com/mapping/
Changeset comment -
#osmtm-project-99 Tracing building footprints in Campbell using satellite imagery
Changeset source -
Bing aerial imagery