- Entities to Map
- Amenities, Shops, Bus stops, Metro Stations, Leisure, Building names, Historic highway names etc.
- Changeset Comment
- Mapping POIs in SF City using Mapillary When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
- Start with priority areas. Our priority areas cover the important junctions of major streets of SF city. Select and load a block from tasking manager and open in JOSM editor.
- Select all highways using
highway -type:nodefilter and add it to the to-do list.
- Start reviewing the mapillary traces along the list of highways from to-do list.
- Apply the inverse filter
highway|amenity|shop|tourism|historic|(railway & name)|(public_transport & name)|leisure|natural|"addr:housename"|aeroway|power|(building & name)to show only important features.
- Manually review the Mapillary traces for the points of interests present/missing from OSM. Filter out traces that is less than an year old. Images from front facing cameras are good for building names. Images from side facing cameras can be used for spotting POIs in buildings.
- If a POI is already present on OSM, ignore.
- If seen on the imagery but not mapped, map that particular POI.
- When relatively finished with adding POIs in a particular block, mark it as done and move onto the next block.